Tim Holtz Distress Ink Background

Hi friends!  I wanted to show you a card that’s completely out of my element, that I made a few weeks ago for my sweet DIL when she graduated, earning her MBA!!!  Oh yeah…proud mother-in-law here!
I started with white card stock and used the Tim Holtz Limited Edition Spring Distress Inks.  At the time (before my big Blitsy order came) I only had a few colors, so I thought these would be pretty for an impressionistic background.  I used Unity Stamps (UK-442A) for the flowers.

I used the same stamps on the inside just stamped with VersaMark ink to give the watermark impression.  I found my inspiration for using the inks this way from Mee Chelle over at Cards By Mee Chelle.

I’m off to go play some more!!  Hope you’re having a fabulous Wednesday!

I would like to like this up to DL Art’s Linky Birthday Party.

Very pretty card!! I am sure she loves it!!

2. Nana says:

Beautiful card. Congrats to your DIL.

Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

3. Life and Knits says:

This is such a lovely card. You did a great job! Congrats to your DIL!!

Susie

4. Life and Knits says:

This is such a lovely card. You did a great job! Congrats to your DIL!!

Susie

5. Fierypixiedust says:

Oh Amy! It looks great!! You did an awesome job on the blending! Congrats to your DIL! Not an easy thing!

I know I've been MIA for awhile, that's so sweet of you to notice. Work has just been crazy to the point where I get home too exhausted to do anything but eat shower and sleep haha. But I'm hoping to get back into my crafting room this weekend.

Thanks for the link and shout out btw! I totally bought a bunch from Blitsy too! I've been itching to try them out! I'm off to check out everything I've missed on your blog! =)

-Mee Chelle

6. Plastic Cards Printing says:

This is so beautiful card. So nice design with the perfect color. I like it. Thanks for sharing this.

7. DIANA L. says:

Very pretty Amy, great colors together.
    Love the painterly effect on the front of the card.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Happy Birthday Linky party